National Breastfeeding Week October 1-7, 2022
It is almost Breastfeeding Week in Canada...
What can YOU do to step up for breastfeeding?
The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) is a global network that protects, promotes and supports breastfeeding worldwide. Each year WABA selects a theme for World Breastfeeding Week and the 2022 theme is Step Up for Breastfeeding: Educate and Support.
In honour of National Breastfeeding Week, BFI Ontario has developed the following materials to support your promotional efforts in October:
- Theme based information sheet to support you and your organization in celebrating National Breastfeeding Week
- Parent Empowerment Cards to help perinatal families talk with health care providers about key issues and plan for the future
- A background information sheet about use of the Parent Empowerment Cards
- A crossword puzzle suitable for distribution to health care providers. Here is the answer sheet!
There is an added opportunity to win a free membership to BFI Ontario for 2023!
NOTE - This is not limited to BFIO members, so feel free to share this activity widely.
- BFI Ontario website quiz: If you answer all of the questions correctly and submit your answers to us by October 7, 2022 at midnight (ET), you could win a FREE individual membership to BFI Ontario for 2023! Please send your responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the BFI Ontario social media pages every day for some National Breastfeeding Week posts. Be sure to LIKE and SHARE our posts!
Wishing you a wonderful National Breastfeeding Week 2022!