National Breastfeeding Week
2020 BFION Breastfeeding Week Celebration Resources
"Support Breastfeeding for a Healthier Planet"
In Canada, we celebrate National Breastfeeding Week from October 1st to 7th each year, and use it as an opportunity to raise awareness about the vital importance of protecting, promoting, and supporting breastfeeding in our communities. This year's theme is support breastfeeding for a healthier planet.
Some key resources that can be used in your own or your organization's celebration are:
- Background Information (plus logos, etc.) -
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) - https://worldbreastfeedingweek.org
- Key Messages as well as Ready-Made Social Media Samples -
- BFI Ontario - Social Media Messages
- Knowledge Quiz -
- BFI Ontario - Quiz Activity
We hope you have a great Breastfeeding Week!